Beyonce concert at Barclays.
Rush hour on the L.I.E.
Central Air in mid-July.
Three examples that show your environment can definitely affect your energy.
Your environment can also play a HUGE factor in your overall health and happiness.
So lets use that to your advantage!
Here are 4 easy ways to create a HEALTHIER and HAPPIER environment, whether you’re at home or the office. Some of these changes can be done in less than 30 minutes (and it would be time well spent!).
1. Declutter & Simplify
- A place for everything, and everything in its place
- Decluttered surfaces and simplified decor can reduce stress and allow creativity to flow
- Pro-Tip: Keep one drawer or bin dedicated to “overflow” and sift through it once a week.
- Studies have shown that simply having plants in sight can lower your blood pressure (as well as boost productivity and filter toxins out of the air). Crazy, right??
- Opt for plants with more foliage than flowers for air purifying power
- Pro Tip: Brown thumb? I’ve got you covered.
3. Add warm, indirect lighting
- Harsh overhead fluorescent lighting can zap your energy immediately
- Swap out the overhead lighting for a cozy table or floor lamp with warm light
- Pro-Tip: Add a dimmer to any of your lights to create a warm, relaxing vibe.
4. Choose your zen palette
- Take a cue from nature and surround yourself with calm, earthy colors
- Pastels and cool blues and greens work well, too
- Pro-Tip: Don’t want to splurge on all new decor? Add an accent rug, cute pots for those plants you bought in tip #2, or hang a tapestry or affordable art on the wall!